A day of rest at Lake Ohau

It is April fools day today, but I am no fool – it is time for a break.  My body was trashed, it’s time to have some down time.  Only a small amount of exploratory cycling and some walking today.

In the morning I walked around the lodge and realised that it was set in a fantastic location. I’d love to come back here some time for some winter skiing.

I now know why the male of the sheep species is called a ram. This guy did not like me in his paddock and was on a mission to attack. I wrestled him to the ground several times and eventually managed to escape his head first body charges by scooting back over a fence. 

 Up close the scenery delivered what it promised yesterday from afar.

 I found a lovely secluded spot to disrobe and enjoy the (rather cold) frothing water.

 Not many people were staying at the lodge, but those who were made for good conversation. The owners were also very hospitable, cooked up a great meal and shared drinks with us later one. What pleasure to have a day of rest.    



Blog Indexes:

Comments